CUNYfirst Information for Faculty
- Advantages of CUNYfirst
- Activating Your Lehman E-mail Account
- Claiming Your CUNYfirst Account
- CUNYfirst Training Schedule
- Employee Self Service Training
- Faculty and Staff Training Guides
- Each faculty member will have a single user name and password for all CUNYfirst applications.
- Faculty can directly connect via the Internet to CUNYfirst Portal from any location. CUNYfirst is not connected to the current CUNY Portal.
Human Resources Self-Service
This module enables faculty to:
- View, on demand, your personal information and work history.
- Change your personal email addresses (your Lehman email address must remain your primary address), emergency contacts, and professional memberships.
- Provide documentation to update changes and confirm current information for your:
- Home address
- Marital Status
- Name Change
- Social Security Number
- New or re-submitting I-9
- New or advanced degrees
- Honors and certifications
Campus Solutions: Instruction and Advising
This module has various features for faculty, advisers, deans, and chairs:
- Faculty can create and view weekly instructional calendar by daily, weekly, and monthly views
- Faculty can view Class Rosters as soon as students register—and email your entire class or specific individuals from the rosters
- Faculty advisers can use Advanced Advisement Tools to:
- See, in real time, student transcripts, current class schedule, and contact information, with the ability to contact students directly through CUNYfirst;
- E-mail an individual student or all your student advisees;
- Contact your advisee’s instructors through CUNYfirst; and
- View "holds" and other service indicators.
- Deans and chairs can view an instructor’s teaching history.
- Enrollment and instructor data feeds directly into Blackboard.
- A University-wide standard process will post grades electronically:
- This is an advantage for professors/adjuncts who have multiple campus postings.
- Quicker postings to student transcripts will support timely registration for pre- and corequisite requirements.
CUNYfirst will send messages ONLY to your Lehman e-mail account. Please be sure that your account is activated.
Most faculty and staff members already have a Lehman e-mail account. The format follows this sequence: first name / period / last name @lehman.cuny.edu. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org. E-mail accounts for faculty and staff who are new to Lehman as of Fall 2011 were generated at the beginning of the semester; the same process was generated for Spring 2012. Contact the IT Help Desk in Information Technology Resources to check on the status of your account.
Last modified: May 28, 2013