STEM Research Academy
DNA Detective - Science Course for High School Sophomores and Juniors
This course is designed for highly motivated high school sophomores and juniors with strong interest in the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) fields. It is a genetics course that focuses on the use of DNA in solving forensic mysteries and its role in biodiversity and conservation laws.
DNA Detectives is a high school credit course offered in the Spring semesters, which leads to our college-credit Summer Science Academy or a Summer Research Internship. With successful completion of this course along with the additional eligibility requirements, students will qualify for either:
- A science course (3-5 college credits depending on the course), OR
- A 1 college-credit Research Internship and a stipend
To qualify for the STEM Research Academy, students must have:
- 80+ in Overall HS Average
- 70+ on one Common Core Math Regents
- 80+ on Living Environment Regents
In addition, students must:
- Have successfully completed all other HS requirements by registration date
- Be committed to both Spring 2017 and Summer 2017 semesters (Summer Semester runs from July to August)
Download the STEM Research Academy applicationPlease note that there are additional requirements for courses in the Summer Science Academy.