Entry level or new college graduate opportunities rarely give you an opportunity that allows you to manage your own book of business. As a New York Life Insurance Company Financial Professional (Agent), you will not only manage your own book of clients, but provide clients with unparalleled insurance options and outstanding customer service. You will help your clients prepare for their long term financial stability and security.
New York Life is currently seeking self-motivated, driven individuals with a passion for making a positive impact on your community. Your collegiate experience as a student, a member of student organizations, a leader or a student athlete have given you the skills you need to launch a career in a company with an unmatched reputation and tremendous resources. Your entrepreneurial spirit and desire for personal growth can take you wherever you want to go, and New York Life can help.
As a Financial Professional (Agent) you will be able to build your network of insurance clients and business associates who are looking for insurance and financial solutions. Many of our top Agents and leadership started their careers with New York Life, right out of college. Entry Level candidates are encouraged to apply.
You do not need sales, business development, marketing or insurance experience to begin your road to success in this role! All you need is passion and a desire to make a difference.
Our comprehensive training program will give you the tools you need to succeed and create the career success you envision.
We are looking for people who possess the following background/characteristics:
- Four-year degree, or higher
- Highly self-motivated and self-disciplined with ability to work effectively with little or no supervision
- Outgoing personality with the ability to develop relationships
- Fearless, positive attitude, and willingness to be accountable for results
- Organized, detail-oriented, and excellent time-management skills
- Desire for continuous learning
- Good communicator with excellent listening skills and ability to explain complex information in a simple and concise manner
Here is what distinguishes this opportunity with New York Life:
- Career Advancement - After two years as a successful agent, additional opportunities that may be available include: partner, development manager, product consultant, and Home Office opportunities in recruiting, marketing, or training.
- Training - NYLIC University is one of the most comprehensive and well-respected training programs in the industry.
- Constant Support - During and after formal training, you will receive continuous assistance from your manager and peers in your region and across the country to help you succeed. On-site trainers and product consultants are available to you and this is coupled with an entire division within the company located in the Home Office dedicated to providing agents with prospecting and sales ideas, product knowledge and application -- we want our new agents to be successful!
- Integrity - “The Company You Keep" - Represent a company you can believe in, be proud of and begin a long-term career with.
Responsibilities of Financial Professional – Financial / Insurance – Entry Level
- Schedule appointments and meet with potential clients
- Make product recommendations to help clients meet their financial goals
- Provide ongoing service and support to existing policyholders
- Be a structured and coachable team player that is open to training development and further education.
New York Life offers you not just another job, but career possibilities!
Benefits IncludeWe offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Health/Dental/Life/Disability from day one
- 401(k) plan after one year of service and Pension Plan
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Reimbursement for industry designations
- Discounts from major wireless carriers
- Local discounts (based on location) for gym memberships
At New York Life we strive to be the best every day, the same as you. Here are just a few of our recent recognitions:
- Ranks #86 on the Fortune 500 list for 2012.
- Profiles in Diversity Journal - 2011 Diversity Leader Award
- 2011 National Association for Female Executives (NAFE) Top 50 Companies for Executive Women
- Corporate Equity Index - 2011 Best Places to Work for Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender (LGBT) Equality
Take the first step to your future success and by becoming a part of “the company you keep!"
How to Apply:
- Send resume directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: Jan 8, 2015