Skip to Main Content
Skip to Main Navigation
The Department Equips Students With:
- an overview of the field of sociology and its everyday, community, and professional uses.
- an appreciation and understanding of the scientific method.
- the skills used for the collection and analysis of social data.
- the skills to think analytically and critically about society as well as participate in the development of creative solutions to social problems.
- a sociological understanding of how social structures impact individuals and are in turn shaped by individuals.
- an appreciation of the diversity of societies and cultures around the world and in the United States.
- training for careers and/or postgraduate educational opportunities in a wide variety of fields (sociology, social work, education, health, counseling, public service, law, business, public health) that require an understanding of the workings of society.