Faculty Keville Frederickson
Academic Interests: Online Education; International Nursing Education and Research; Developing Academic and Community Collaboratives; Masters and Doctoral Nursing Education
Risk Factors for Youth: Violence, Alcohol and Tobacco, Diabetes Type 2; Knowledge Development in Nursing: conceptual, theoretical; Roy Adaptation Model; International Nursing Research
1980-88 Phi Delta Kappa, National Educational Honor Society\
- 1991 American Academy of Nursing, Inducted
- 1991 Outstanding Researcher Award, Pace University
- 1992 Distinguished Practitioner, National Academy of Practice
- 1994 Sigma Theta Tau, Delta Zeta Chapter, Research Excellence Award
- Frederickson, K., Jackson, B., Strauman, T. & Strauman, J. (1991). Testing hypotheses derived from the Roy adaptation model, Nursing Science Quarterly, 4, (4), 168-174.
- Frederickson, K. (1992) Research methodology and nursing science. Nursing Science Quarterly, 5 (4): 150-151.
- Frederickson, K. (1993) Using a nursing model to manage symptoms: Anxiety and the Roy adaptation model. Holistic Nursing Practice, 7(2): 36-42.
- Pollock, S., Frederickson, K., Carson, M., Massey, V. & Roy, C. (1994) Contributions to nursing science: Synthesis of findings from adaptation model research. Scientific Inquiry for Nursing Practice, 8(4)361-372.
- Baer, E. & Frederickson, K. (1996) Trajectory of women's lives: Analysis of a large data set. New York State Nurses Association Journal.
- Frederickson, K. & Williams, J. (1997) Patient and family responses to adaptation model nursing care: Report of research. Nursing Science Quarterly, 10(1), 8-10.
- Roy, C., Pollock, S., Lauchner,Velasco- Whetsell, M., Massey, V., Frederickson, K., Carson, & Barrone, S. (1999) An Integrative Research Review Of Twenty-Five Years Of Roy Adaptation Model Research. Indianapolis: Sigma Theta Tau.
- Frederickson, K. (2000) Conceptual and theoretical development of the Roy adaptation model. Nursing Science Quarterly, 13(1), 43-46.
- Gagliardi, B, Frederickson, K & Shanley, D (2002) Perceptions Of Quality Of Life And Adaptation Among Persons With Multiple Sclerosis: A Qualitative Study. Nursing Science Quarterly, 15(3), 52-59
Last modified: Oct 13, 2011