Student Speeches at the Honors Convocation 2016
|Nirel Levi||Whitney Diaz Gochez|
What is the Honors Convocation?
Honors Convocation is a formal opportunity to recognize the most academically accomplished students at Lehman College. Each year, at the end of the spring semester, Lehman celebrates the achievements of its undergraduate students graduating with College Honors at the Honors Convocation.
College Honors are awarded to undergraduate students who graduate with at least 60 credits completed in residence at Lehman College, of which at least 42 are indexable (awarded a grade), with a minimum cumulative index of 3.4.
- Cum laude is awarded for an index of 3.4 to 3.59,
- Magna cum laude for an index of 3.6 to 3.79, and
- Summa cum laude for an index of 3.8 to 4.0.
2017 List of Lehman College Students Graduating with College Honors (Updated as of May 19, 2017)
Tuesday, May 30, 2017
6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Performing Arts Center
250 Bedford Park Boulevard West
Bronx, NY 10468
Send us your video for Honors Convocation!
We would like to receive a video tweet (up to 30 seconds) from you, in which you talk about anything positive, memorable, or encouraging regarding your experience at Lehman College. We will post the video tweets on this website. In addition to that, we plan to show selected videos during the actual honors convocation event on May 30.
For example, you can discuss
- what difference Lehman made for you and how Lehman contributed to your success;
- a memorable moment for you at Lehman;
- how your professors, family, and/or friends contributed to your success at Lehman;
- how you beat the odds and overcame obstacles to success at Lehman;
- something that happened to you at Lehman that was a key moment for your success;
Some important points:
- Recording: You can film the video tweet with your smartphone (or other recording devices). Alternatively, you can make an appointment with our office to have the video done here with our equipment.
- Quality: Make sure that the video is of good quality.The light must be bright enough so you can be seen clearly. Hold the phone/camera still so the picture is stable.
- Audio: Speak clearly - not too fast but not too slow. Place the phone close enough to you to ensure that the sound is good and you can be clearly understood.
- Content: Tell us your story. Make it personal and be specific!! For example, rather than only saying that someone encouraged you all the time, provide a concrete example of what he/she did that made a difference for you. Feel free to send us more than one video tweet.
- Preparation: Plan what you want to say before you make the recording.
- Sending the video: Get the video to us as soon as possible by following this link: https://clipcha.mp/DsebE
Your video will be uploaded to our Google drive. In the unlikely case that you encounter difficulties, you can visit our office with your phone (or other recording device) and USB cable.
We are looking forward to your contributions.
Honors Convocation FAQs
How many guests can I bring to the event?
Each student is allowed to invite up to three guests.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Parking for students and guests will be available at the student parking lot at Goulden Avenue.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Visit our office in Shuster Hall, Room 302, or send an email to: LehmanCollegeAcademicPrograms@gmail.com or call us at 718-960-7806.