Student Professional Organization
The Lehman Chapter of the National Student Speech Language Hearing Association (NSSLHA)
For the 2015/2016 and for the 2016/2017 Academic year, the student members of the Lehman College Chapter of NSSLHA, each of whom is either fullfiling Undergraduate or Graduate coursework in Speech-Language Pathology, achieved Gold Honors Chapter Status!
To achieve "Gold" level recognition, programs must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be in good standing with the national association (recertify online)
- Donate to "NSSLHA Loves" of $500 or more
- Contribute to the regional newsletter or to the region page on the ASHA Community
- Submit a nomination for Chapter Advisor Honors or the Honors of NSSLHA, and Member Honors
- Submit a grant application (McKinley Regional Project Grant or Community Service Grant)
- Host a CSD Career Awareness activity
- Participate in two or more advocacy activities (advocacy activities can be federal, state, or local)
- Engage in social media/promotion of your NSSLHA chapter (get your members to join the region page on the ASHA Community, regional Facebook page, or national Twitter accounts).
All undergraduate and graduate students are invited to join the Lehman College Chapter of NSSLHA. Contact Dianne.Pincay for more information about NSSLHA or to become a member of the Lehman NSSLHA Chapter. For the Fall 2017 Calendar of Events will be posted shortly.
NSSLHA LEHMAN COLLEGECHAPTER
- Chapter Mentor
Leslie Grubler MA, CCC-SLP
Director of Clinical Education and Clinical Services
If you are interested in applying for national membership visit the NSSLHA Website.