ADVISORY for Registered Nurse Students
You must complete all lower division courses which includes your electives and liberal arts courses before permission will be given for NUR 409 and 410
- BS and RN to BSN Program (PDF)
Fully Online Nursing RN to BS Program
About the Program
The Online RN-BS Program is designed specifically for Registered Nurses to earn a Bachelor Degree 100% online. It is a 37.5-credit major of the total 120 credits required for graduation.
The fully Online RN to BS Program, is designed to prepare students for professional nursing practice and provide a foundation for graduate study in nursing. The program fulfills the requirements of the New York State Education Department and is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. Graduates of the program will have gained the knowledge and experience to function independently as well as collaboratively with other members of the health care team. Graduates will have sharpened their skills in critical thinking and have the ability to provide competent and compassionate care to assist individuals and families in achieving maximum levels of health.
Fully online students receive the same high-quality education and student support as on-campus students, with the ability to complete their coursework entirely online. This program offers a wide array of online courses that enhance students’ cultural awareness and improves their critical thinking skills, enabling them to better serve a diverse patient population.
Why Lehman Online?
- This program is 100% online allowing nursing professionals to continue in their career path while pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Lehman College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- The RN-BS online program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- We offer one of the most affordable nursing programs in the United States.
- Our faculty are committed to excellence in teaching, scholarship and community service.
- Students may choose to be a full-time or part-time student as long as they complete the program in five years.
Online Student Support
- Staff dedicated to meet the specific needs of the online nursing student from admissions through graduation.
- *Current Registered Nurse with an unencumbered nursing licensure and registration in New York State
- Completion of sixty (60) college credits with a grade point average of 2.5 or greater or an associate degree in nursing from a CUNY or SUNY school
- Official transcript(s) from all schools attended which also exhibits evidence of a college level course in Chemistry, or Chemistry taken in a state approved nursing program (or its foreign equivalent), or successful completion of the following courses at Lehman College:
- CHE 114: Essentials of General Chemistry: 3 credits
- CHE 115: Essentials of Chemistry Lab: 1.5 credits
- CHE 114: Essentials of General Chemistry: 3 credits
- **Human Growth and Development - Successful completion of a college level Human Growth and Development across the Lifespan course, totaling 3 credits
*After applying, you may email a PDF copy of your Registered Nurse License and Registration to Joan Draper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Students who are Registered Nurses qualify for a challenge exam to earn credit for this course. Please contact Joan Draper at email@example.com, 718-960-2400, Carman Hall, Room 249 for additional information regarding this process.
Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S) Degree holders applying to this program must have:
- Math 126 (Quantitative Reasoning) or higher (or the equivalent) or a
- Math course taken at, or transferred in to, a previous CUNY school that fulfilled the Quantitative and Mathematical Reasoning requirement at that school
- For holders of Bachelor Degrees, Associate of Arts (A.A.) and Associate of Science (A.S.) Degrees, the College Math requirement is waived.
- Graduates of Associate Degree Nursing Programs and Registered Nurses with a Bachelor’s Degree in another field must apply to the College as transfer students. Graduates of hospital/diploma programs who have not earned previous college credits should follow directions for new applicants to the College.
- Graduates of diploma nursing programs are encouraged to take the Excelsior College (formerly Regents College) exams in Adult Nursing, Maternal and Child Nursing, and Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing to earn advanced standing credits.
All nursing and general education courses must be completed online.
How to Apply
Applicants to this program are to apply online listing Lehman College as their first choice. The application is available here.
For additional admissions information for the Online RN-BS program, please contact Joan Draper at firstname.lastname@example.org, 718-960-2400, Carman Hall, Room 249.
Curriculum and course descriptions can be found here.
Analysis and Action for Community Health
Nursing as a Human Science
Ways of Knowing in Nursing
Professional Nursing Practice
Clinical Decision Making
Trends and Issues in Nursing and Health Care
Therapeutic Intervention V: Nursing Synthesis
Professional Nursing Management
*Some students may qualify to earn credits for the Human Growth and Development course through validation examination. Students must seek advisement in the Department of Nursing for this process.
** All required college courses must be completed before these courses can be taken. These courses will be taken together in the last semester of the program