- 1998 Dalhousie University Halifax, N.S., Canada Ph.D., Environmental Biology
- 1993 University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Scotland, UK M.Sc., Analytical Chemistry
- 1986 Amrit Science Campus, Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal B.Sc., Biology
- 2004-present - Assistant Professor
Environmental Science/Physical Geography, Department of Environmental, Geographic and Geological Sciences, Lehman College, the City University of New York (CUNY)
Teaching and Research: 21 credit hour teaching program load per academic year. Supervision of graduate and undergraduate students, and postdoc/visiting scholar; Doctoral Faculty at the Graduate Center of CUNY; Developed three courses (at Lehman College, CUNY), namely, Introduction to Environmental Science (3 hours; 3 credits), Environmental Biogeochemistry (5 hours; 3 credits) and Environmental Impact Assessment (5 hours; 3 credits); Coordinated to develop a B.S. Program in Interdisciplinary Environmental Science.
- Co-Chair of the Department of Environmental, Geographic and Geological Sciences at Lehman College of the City University of New York (September 2009 – August 2010).
- Director, Interdisciplinary Environmental Science Program, Department of Environmental, Geographic and Geological Sciences at Lehman College of the City University of New York.
- Current Research: Qualitative and quantitative analysis of phosphorus transport in the Bronx River, NY; Nitrogen dynamics (including nitrous oxide emission and enzyme activities) in marshlands of Pelham Bay Park, Bronx, NY; potential internal loading and characterization of phosphorus in freshwater wetlands of Pelham Bay Park, Bronx, NY; organic matter/carbon dynamics in the Long Island Sound, NY, etc.
- June 2002-August 2004 - Visiting Assistant Professor (working title)
Environmental Soil and Water Studies, University of Florida, IFAS Research and Education Center, Ona, Florida.
- Fall 2003-Spring 2004 - Adjunct Faculty
Natural Science Department, Manatee Community College, Bradenton, Florida.
- February 1998-May 2002 - Postdoctoral Associate
Soil and Water Science Department, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- August 1994-July 1995 - Program Officer
The King Mahendra Trust for Nature Conservation, Head Office, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Last modified: Oct 13, 2011