- Queens, NY
Date of Graduation from Lehman
- January 2014 (Bachelor's degree in Geology); May 2015 (Masters in Science Education)
Type of degree/major/specialization/certificate
Bachelor's degree in Geology
- Subsequent degrees earned or in progress
- Master's degree in Science Education
Positions held since graduating
- Currently a student teacher at In-Tech Academy
Type of work you do there
- I am currently finishing up my student teacher internship consisting of teaching high school regents Earth Science and middle school 8th grade general science..
- Earth Science or Geology activities/accomplishments/awards/internships/publications:
- tudent teaching internship at In-Tech Academy in the Bronx
Overall assessment of how Lehman’s EEGS Program prepared you for your current life:
I chose to go back to school for a second bachelor’s degree 2011. I enrolled in a class in the EEGS department and enjoyed it so much that I chose to pursue my degree in Geology with aspirations of becoming a teacher in the New York City school system. The program in Geology was set up to prepare me for the requirements of becoming a high school Earth Science teacher.
Comments on the EEGS Dept Program you were enrolled in:
Now that I am enrolled in the master’s program for science teaching, I have found that the Geology program at Lehman has set me up for the success I need to teach Earth Science at the high school level.
What else have you been up to?
I am currently finishing my master’s degree in Science Education. I have been on a panel for 100Kin10 to discuss the importance of having more science teachers in the field. I was also a part of a co-teaching workshop to discuss the teaching relationship between myself and my supervising teacher at In-Tech Academy.