From Program Coordinator, Daniel Stuckart
Welcome to our NEW Master of Arts in Social Studies Education Program at Lehman College for new and existing teachers! We offer three sequences depending on your qualifications and needs.
Spring Admission by October 15
Fall Admission by April 15
Or begin anytime as a non-matriculant student and transfer up to 12 credits into your degree:
M.A. in Social Studies Education
Sequence 1: Candidates with undergraduate degree and social studies background (either an undergraduate history/social science major or 21 credits of history/social sciences)
- -39-42 credit program leading to NYS Initial 7-12 Social Studies Certification
Sequence 2: Candidates who already completed the Lehman College Undergraduate Middle and High School Education Minor
- -30 credit program leading to NYS Initial 7-12 Social Studies Certification
Sequence 3: Professional certification track for those candidates who already earned NYS 7-12 Social Studies Certification. New teachers are welcome! Fast-track and summer options available!
- -30 credit program leading to advanced/professional certification
- -Choose an additional certification in ESOL or Bilingual Education
Advanced Certificate in Social Studies Education
Candidates holding a Masters degree in an approved social science or J.D.
- -24-27 credit progam leading to Initial 7-12 NYS Social Studies Certification
Dr. Daniel Stuckart, Program Coordinator
|Tuesday, June 30||10am-6:30pm|
|Monday, July 6||10am-4pm|
|Tuesday, July 14||10am-6:30pm|
|Tuesday, August 18||12pm-6:30pm|
|Wednesday, August 19||10am-4pm|
|Tuesday, August 25||12pm-6:30pm|
|Wednesday, August 26||10am-4pm|