Welcome to Lehman College’s educational leadership (EDL) certification page, where you will find information to assist you with the certification process, the New York State (NYS) required tests and workshops, among other important resources.
Please remember that you will not receive an institutional recommendation from Lehman College until you have successfully completed the following:
- All Lehman leadership coursework;
- All required workshops, including the bullying prevention workshop;
- All NYS-required leadership tests; and
- Applied for leadership certification through the NYS TEACH system.
Also, your degree must be conferred before any institutional recommendations are entered. EDL degrees usually are conferred in September.
If you have any questions, please contact the School of Education's certification office.
Search NYS Certification Requirements:
- TEACH Certification System
- Information on NYS Leadership Required Testing for Certification
- Registration and Testing Information
- Testing Schedule
- Educating All Students Test Study Guide, Sample Questions and Framework
New School Building Leader Test (SBL) Resources:
- Test Design and Framework
- SBL Sample Questions
- Test Score Information and Resources:
- School District Leader Test Design, Framework and Sample Questions:
- Computer-based Testing Tutorials: