Opportunities for Students
- Award and Scholarship Opportunities
- Research Opportunities
- Career Services
- Employment Opportunities
- Internship Opportunities
Lehman College students may receive a Lehman Foundation Scholarship, the Peter F. Vallone Academic Scholarship, the Lehman Honors College Scholarship, scholarships administered by the Department of Computer Science and Mathematics, and all State and Federal financial assistance.
In addition, the Office of Academic Testing and Scholarships assists students in locating national, regional, and local scholarships for which students may be eligible.
For more information, contact the Office of Academic Testing and Scholarships, Shuster Hall, Room 205, 718-960-8156.
Contact the following faculty members if you are interested in research opportunities:
- Professor José J. Cao Alvira, if you are interested in Finance and Econometrics
- Professor Amod Choudhary, if you are interested in Business Law & Entrepreneurship
- Professor Mario González-Corzo, if you are interested in Economics
- Professor Juan J. DelaCruz, if you are interested in Health Economics
- Professor Dene Hurley, if you are interested in Economics
- Professor Nikolaos Papanikolaou, if you are interested in Applied Macroeconomics, Computational Economics, and Applied Econometrics
- Professor Rossen Petkov, if you are interested in Accounting
The Career Services Center (CSC) at Lehman College assists its students in meeting the challenges of the workplace and the new millennium by integrating the areas of career development, job opportunities, internships, and technology into their academic experience.
For more information pertaining to Career Counseling, Mock Interviews, Internships and Summer Jobs, Employment Opportunities, and Skills Assessment (Discover Program) can be located at http://www.lehman.edu/vpstud/careerservices/cscservices.html
Shuster Hall, Room 254 (Or Shuster Hall, Room 229)
250 Bedford Park Boulevard West
Bronx, NY 10468-1589
- KPMG is one of the largest professional accounting firms in the world and one of the Big Four auditors, along with Deloitte, Ernst and Young, and Pricewaterhouse Coopers.
- USA JOBS is the official job site of the U.S. Federal Government. It's your one-stop source for Federal jobs and employment information
- The U.S. Commercial Service is one of four official Foreign Affairs Agencies and is responsible for Commercial Affairs. Foreign Service Officers promote the export of United States goods and services and defend United States commercial interests abroad. The U.S. Commercial Service, through its customized business solutions, creates economic prosperity and more and better jobs for all Americans.
- One Wire: Precise Career Connections is dedicated entirely to finance professionals and offers high-powered resume writing services.
The collegegrad.com website is highly recommended for recent college graduates.
According to the Career Services Center, internships help students gain valuable on-the-job experience in their particular field. Internships may be paid or unpaid.
About the middle of your junior year you should consider whether an internship will help you in your career pursuits. A listing of internship and summer job opportunities can be found at the Career Services Center. Periodically there is a workshop, which discusses internships in depth. Check the Workshops schedule.
Students interested in an internship should look at the following resources for postings on internship opportunities:
Make sure to click on ‘Selected Internship Programs’ and ‘Internship Links’ located on the right-hand toolbar.
City of New York, Department of Citywide Administrative Services, Summer Internship Program
Federal and Local Government Internship Programs
The World's Leading Site for Economist Job
The world's largest internship marketplace
US Agency for International Development
This agency sponsors paid internships throughout the academic year. We seek highly motivated undergraduate and graduate students studying a wide variety of fields, including engineering, computer science, mathematics, economics, foreign languages, area studies, business administration, accounting, international relations, finance, logistics, human resources, geography, public health, national security studies, military and foreign affairs, political science and public administration.
U.S. Department of State
The U.S. Department of State offers internships for students of all levels, including opportunities for: Undergraduate Students, Graduate Students, and Post-Graduate Students. Here, you'll have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to connect with the global community, gain insight into U.S. foreign policy and diplomacy, explore new career avenues and most of all, acquire lifelong skills as you represent America to the world.
USA JOBS: Student Jobs
Your career in the Federal Government starts here. We offer valuable job experience, training opportunities, excellent benefits, and opportunity for advancement. Whether you are a student in high school, college, or graduate school seeking work experience or you are about to graduate and begin your career, consider Federal service.
U.S. Commercial Service
Internship opportunities, either Domestic or International, with the U.S. Commercial Service is one of four official Foreign Affairs Agencies and is responsible for Commercial Affairs. Foreign Service Officers promote the export of United States goods and services and defend United States commercial interests abroad. The U.S. Commercial Service, through its customized business solutions, creates economic prosperity and more and better jobs for all Americans.
- USDA: Hispanic-Serving Institutions National Program
Look under programs and services for internships, scholarships, and sponsorships
- The Washington Center
- Research Analyst and International Financial And Economic Analyst positions available for Lehman students at the Federal Reserve Bank of NY. For more information please contact Ms. Bascillia Toussaint at Career Services, Shuster Hall, Room 254 at email@example.com
All candidates qualified and interested MUST schedule an appointment with Bascillia Toussaint by calling 718 960-8366. You MUST bring to your appointment your resume and cover letter targeted to the position, unofficial transcript AND a writing sample. In order to meet the company's deadline(Tuesday October 15th), you must meet with me by Friday October 11th.
Last modified: Dec 28, 2015