The School of Continuing & Professional Studies is seeking instructors with Bachelors/Masters Degree or students working towards completion of Masters Degree to teach the following courses:
Web Design 1
Web Design 2
Graphics for Web Design (teaching how to creative design web pages, buttons, use of images, illustrations, typography)
The business of Graphic Design
PHP& SQL language
Must be able to prepare the syllabus to be submitted before teaching. An outline of the syllabus will be given as guidelines. Must be eligible to work in the US. The classes will be in Lehman College in the Bronx.
send their CV to the following email address:firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact before July 2,2014 to be considered. After that will be on the wait list.
Coordinator, Lehman Academy for Children, Teens & Adult Education – Part Time (late afternoons, Saturdays and full-time July-August)
The Lehman Academy has been offering programming to children for 30 years. It includes academic, physical fitness, sports, creative learning, arts, music, dance and computer classes to children ages 4-16. Lehman’s summer camp is a NYC Department of Health certified camp that includes two sessions and a pre-camp week that offers a day camp experience on the beautiful Lehman campus.
This is a part-time position that is responsible for the administration of the children’s academic and non-academic programs during the year and the annual summer camp. Approximately ten hour per week late afternoons and Saturday mornings; full-time during July and August when camp is in session. The position reports directly to the Executive Director of the SCPS.
- Plan and develop all program courses.
- Hire and supervise staff and instructors.
- Provide orientation to teachers.
- Recruit and advise students.
- Represent programs at community events and campus open houses.
- Comply with city and state standards to maintain licensing and contractual obligations.
- Maintain camp certifications and licensing.
- Conduct yearly background checks for all staff and instructors.
- Promote programming in NYC public and private schools and Bronx community.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Salary: commensurate with experience
- Strong administrative skills.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and analytical capability.
- Ability to work closely with faculty, staff, and students.
- Excellent organizational and marketing skills and attention to detail, knowledge of administrative and instructional practices.
- Ability to successfully manage a number of projects simultaneously and deliver product on tight deadlines.
- Strong connections with the Bronx community in order to promote these programs widely.
Experience: The position requires no less than 5 years experience in administration of children’s (ages 5-18) programming and in teaching children.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com
Part-Time ESL Coordinator (with a possibility for full time)
School of Continuing and Professional Studies. The Coordinator reports to the Director of international Programs.
Major responsibilities include:
- Management of the intensive and semi-intensive ESL programs: Coordinate the work of ESL instructors. Plan and schedule courses. Perform student assessment and placement. Advise students on level placement and transition to degree programs.
- Development of new ESL programs: Strategically plan the development and implementation of new programs.Work with instructors, administration, and partner institutions in developing, approving, and implementing new ESL programs for international students. Perform advertisement, recruitment, orientation, programming, etc. Prepare and edit ESL course descriptions for the SCPS print and electronic publications.
- ESL Program Assessment: Collect and analyze data to ensure program sustainability and new directions of development.
- Student Support: Perform case management. Review, process, and prepare application documents. Conduct monitoring, advising, and troubleshooting.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualification.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and cross-cultural skills.
- Strong organizational, time-management, and administrative skills. Proficiency in relevant software, such as Excel.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with all levels of staff, instructors, and students.
- Willingness and ability to take initiative, meet tight deadlines, and work with or without supervision.
- Sensitivity and flexibility when working with people from different cultures; discretion in confidential matters.
- Knowledge of the US higher education system and student visa requirements.
- Knowledge of TESOL methodology, principles of second language acquisition, curriculum design, and the use of instructional technology.
- Fluency in a language other than English.
- A minimum of 5 years of teaching experience in higher education.
- Working with international students in institutions of higher education in the US; experience living, studying, and/or working abroad is helpful.
- A track record of participation in professional organizations.
Education: Master’s degree in TESOL or related field is required.
Send cover letter and resume to Dr. Ludmila Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Certified Medical Assistant Instructors
The School of Continuing & Professional Studies is seeking part time instructors, who can teach in our Certified Medical Assistant program. Courses include: Medical Terminology/Anatomy and Physiology; Clinical Practice, Principles and Skills; Fundamentals of Medical Assisting; and Medical Office Business Practice. Classes meet in evenings and Saturdays. Courses begin in the fall.
- Prepare for each course to be taught from syllabus consistent with course descriptions
- Impress upon each student the importance of exhibiting appropriate conduct in the work setting
- Acquire feedback to determine whether students understand each segment of the course
- Maintain academic standards consistent with a professional certificate program
- Evaluate students' progress often and share those evaluations with them promptly
- Be available to students with concerns
- Current Certification as a Medical Assistant
- BA or BS degree
- At least (3) years of experience in the field
- Excellent customer service skills
- Teaching experience preferred
- Flexible schedule required.
Send cover letter and resume to Goher Murtaza at email@example.com
CISCO Certified Instructors
The School of Continuing & Professional Studies is seeking part time teachers, who are Cisco Certified Instructors, to teach in the Cisco Certified Entry Networking Associate(CCNET), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) programs, and CCNA Security. These are ongoing programs with part-time flexible schedules during the day, evening, and weekend.
Please email your cover letter and resume with two reference names and contact information to: Youssry.Youssef@lehman.cuny.edu
CISCO Certified A+ InstructorsThe School of Continuing & Professional Studies is seeking part time teachers, who are CISCO Certified Instructors, to teach the A+ Computer Technician course.
Classes will be offered during the day and/or evening.
Please email your cover letter and resume with two reference names and contact information to:Youssry.Youssef@lehman.cuny.edu
Continuing Education Registered Nurse Instructors
The School of Continuing & Professional Studies is seeking part time instructors, who are Registered Nurses, to teach Home Health Aid Training Program. Instructors are required to follow the New York State Department of Health curriculum guidelines to teach the course.
Campus Specific Information:
Classes are held at Lehman College at CUNY on the Concourse.
- Minimum of Associate Degree in Nursing
- 1 year of Nursing experience
- 1 year of Home Health Aid experience
- Nursing Registration
- Part-time & Full-time flexible schedules
Please email your cover letter, resume, and two professional references with contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mathematics and English Instructors
The School of Continuing & Professional Studies is seeking two part time teachers in the field of Mathematics and English.
- Minimum of Master’s Degree
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience in Higher Education
- Ability to deliver instruction that is engaging and effective
- Experience implementing adult learning techniques to instruct diverse students with various learning styles
- Professional knowledge and skills in Workforce Education
- Collaborate with a team to develop curriculum for Adult Learners
- Participate in meetings to present feedback for program assessment
- Part-time flexible schedules
Please email your resume with a cover letter with two references to: email@example.com
Tax Preparer Instructor
Instructors needed to teach in the Tax Return Preparer Certificate Program. Topics include how to prepare basic individual forms (tax credits, deductions and tax consequences); 1040 series and wage income forms taxation for different types of income (small business, rental investment, and retirement) and more complex tax returns, including capital gains tax. The certificate program is designed to teach individuals including new and experienced tax preparer the basics of how to prepare individual federal and state tax forms. The emphasis is on practical learning through class exercises and real examples.
The course is a 30 hours and runs two nights a week in the fall.
- Enrolled Agent
- At least 15 years of practical tax preparing experience.
- Familiarity with the rules and regulations regarding state and federal taxes.
- College degree
- Knowledge of new IRS Competency Exam
- Knowledge of PowerPoint required
- Teaching experience a bonus
Contact: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Continuing Education Teacher
Location: Lehman College; Continuing Education
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
General Duties: The ESL Institute is seeking part-time instructors for Spring/Summer/Fall Semesters . The duties include teaching integrated skills classes to adult learners of all levels of proficiency. Specific subjects include Grammar, Reading, Writing, and Communication Skills.
Campus Specifict Information
Classes are offered on Lehman campus and CUNY on the Concourse.
Master’s degree in TESOL or related field is required.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com
Lifeguards Wanted Year Round
Certified lifeguards needed throughout the year. Weekday, weekend, and weeknight hours are available. Qualified individuals should e-mail current certifications, rèsumè, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pool assistants must have CPR and Lifeguard credentials
- Instructors must have CPR and Water Safety Instructor
- Eligible candidates wishing to work with students ages 4-15 may e-mail a letter of interest with a rèsumè to email@example.com. (Documents must be in Word doc or PDF format.)
- At minimum, applicants must hold a Bachelor's degree and have experience working with children. Candidates must supply references and background information.
- All positions are currently filled, but we actively recruit for year-round classes. We have academic, sports, music, art, performance, and alternative learning classes for all ages.
Qualified applicants interested in teaching in any other of the areas listed in the Continuing Education brochure are invited to submit a rèsumè with a cover letter to:
Robert Wechsler, Ph.D
School of Continuing and Professional Studies
250 Bedford Park Blvd. W.
Bronx, NY 10468
New course proposals are welcome.
Last modified: Jun 9, 2014