(Photo, John Orth). The Brooklyn Museum opened in 1909. The top floor (attic level) of the facade is decorated with thirty sculptures - all carved by the Piccirilli brothers. Two of the thirty were sculpted by Attilio.This view shows at the street level, a sculpture by Daniel Chester French called "Manhattan" which is now, after a major renovation to the facade, located above the entrance to the museum.
Last modified: Oct 25, 2011