Faculty: Alan Hollander
Alan Hollander's service adds in vital ways to the cultural fabric of the Music Department, the college, and the wider community. He has conducted numerous performances by the Lehman Band (including its annual Commencement exercises), conducted and played with the Woodwind Quintet, coordinated two college/high school jazz festivals, and arranged music for the Lehman Foundation, the Macaulay Honors College, and the National College Board Conference. He also served on several college-wide committees, including the Lehman Stages Advisory Committee, the Campus Activities Committee, and the Multimedia Center Advisory Committee. In the Music Department, Professor Hollander has managed its performance budget and its private instruction program, and has worked tirelessly to develop the relationship between Lehman and the Celia Cruz High School.
- Johnny Pacheco Latin music and Jazz Festival-Producer (November 17,18). Producer, Music Director
- The Lehman Chamber Players (January 30, 2011). Oboe
- The Lehman College Community Band: “Hounds of Spring” (March 27, 2011). Director
- The Lehman Woodwind Quintet: “Light Breeze for a Sunday Afternoon” (April 10. 2011). Oboe
- The Lehman College Community Band: “Collage: An Eclectic Collection.” (May 5, 2011). Conductor
- Macaulay Honors Commencement (June 1, 2011 – Alice Tully Hall. Lincoln Center). Director
- Lehman College Community Band (Lehman College Graduation, June 2, 2011). Director
- The Lehman College Community Band: “Summer Pops” (June 26, 2011). Director
- The Westchester Band- Chase Park, Scarsdale, NY (Director): “Chase Park Celebration” (June 30, 2011), “An American Variation” (July 7, 2011), “Sweets for A Summer Eve” (July 14. 2011), “ Summer Solstice” (July 21. 2011), -“Marching Along” (July 28, 2011), “Klezmer to Classics” (August 4, 2011), “Season Finale” (August 11, 2011).
- Hollander, A. (January 10, 2010). Con Brio Ensemble (Performance), Church in the Gardens, Forrest Hills, NY.
- Hollander, A. (August 5, 2010). Westchester Band, “Themes Like Old Times,” Chase Park, Scarsdale, NY
- Hollander, A. (Coordinator) (October 22, 2009). National College Board Conference. Lehman Latin Band. New York, NY: Hilton Hotel.
- Hollander, A. (Conductor) (May 30, 2009). Fort Totten 89th Army Reserve Band. New Rochelle, NY: Hudson Park.
- Hollander, A. (Presenter and Facilitator) (March 23-24, 2009). The Australian National University Virtual Music Festival.
- Hollander, A. (Presenter and Facilitator) (September 22-24, 2009). Grieg Academy of Music, Virtual Music Technology Festival. Bergen, Norway: Grieg Academy of Music.
- Hollander, A. (Solo Oboe). (January 6, March 16, April 5, 2008). Con Brio Ensemble. Forest Hills, Queens; Bronx, NY; Yonkers, Westchester County.
- Hollander, A. (Oboist). (October 26-28, 2008 – November 2, 3, 2008). The Mikado. New York: New York University.
Last modified: Mar 23, 2012