Lehman Summer Music Education Program 2013
Mon to Fri, July 8 to July 12
8:30am to 4:30pm
Professor Victor Rendon
MSP 750-H01B (3 graduate credits, 3 hours) -or-
MST 485-H02B (3 undergraduate credits, 3 hours)
Courses meet concurrently.
Afro-Caribbean Percussion Rhythms
An overview of playing techniques and rhythmic concepts from the Caribbean and South America. Suitable for all music practitioners; percussion specialization not required. Instruments covered will include claves, maracas, güiro, bongos, congas, cajón, timbales, and others.
- Visually and aurally recognize various Caribbean and South American percussion instruments.
- Demonstrate proper playing technique on all instruments presented.
- Play a selection of traditional rhythms in the proper regional/ traditional style.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the cultural and historical contexts of the music covered in the course.
- Develop lesson plans for student populations
If you are a current Lehman student, please email Darina Bejtja to obtain departmental permission.
If you are a new or returning student, please submit the Visiting Music Student Application Form to the address on the application, with a check for the appropriate admission fee only. If you are a new student, please also include an official transcript of your degree(s).
Please click here for the fee schedule.
For further information, please contact the Music Department at 718-960-8247, or email Darina Bejtja in the Music Department office.
Last modified: Jun 11, 2013