Faculty Marta Ghezzo
Office: Music Building, Room 301
Office Hours: T 10:30-11:00am and 4:15-4:45pm; Th by appointment only
Degrees and Sources of Degrees: M.A., Conservatory of Music, Bucharest, Romania; M.Ph., Ph.D., City University of New York
Marta Ghezzo, Professor of Music, received the Teacher of the Year 2010 Award. She teaches theory, musicianship, and music appreciation and is praised loudly and prized widely by students for her exceptional patience and dedication, her inspiring passion, and her mastery of musicianship. She has also mentored many students who work as tutors for the Academic Center for Excellence, and has made an international impact on music education through her visiting lectures in Italy and her well-established textbook, Solfege, Ear Training, Rhythm, Dictation, and Music Theory.
Click here for the speech Professor Ghezzo intended to deliver at Lehman's Convocation (had she not suddenly taken ill), with pictures of her career as a music educator.
- Ear Training. Educatione dell'orecchio, solfeggio, ritmo, dettato e teoria della musica. 2 CD. Italian language edition.
(Solfege, Ear Training, Rhythm, Dictation, and Music Theory: A Comprehensive Course).
Casa Ricordi srl. Italy: Milano, 2016
- Axel Munthe, The Story of San Michele. Review: Excelsior 5, No. 1. 2010.
- Solfege, Ear Training, Rhythm, Dictation and Music Theory: A Comprehensive Course. 2 CD., 3rd Ed.
University of Alabama Press, Tuscaloosa. 2005.
- Tesori Musicali dell'Insigne Collegiata di San Lorenzo a Montevarchi. Codice "C".
(Musical Treasures of the Eminent Collegiate Church of Saint Laurence in Montevarchi. Codex "C"). Bilingual Publication in Italian and English. Servizio Editoriale Fiesolano.
Italy: Fiesole. 2001.
- Solfege, Ear Training, Rhythm... 2nd Ed., Korean language edition.
Seoul: Eumag Chunchu Publisher. 2000.
- Epic Songs of Sixteenth-Century Hungary.
Budapest: Akademiai Kiado. 1989.