Policies and Procedures
- Movement of equipment from one office to another. Equipment moves requested by faculty or staff require a signed memo from the departmental chair. The memo must contain specific details as to the location of the equipment that is to be moved, a description as to what exactly is being moved, the location where the equipment is to be moved and where specifically in that office it must be set up. Equipment moves cover computers, monitors and printers. For other equipment moves, including furniture contact Buildings & Grounds. The signed memo from the Chair should be received before the move is carried out.
- Equipment Disposal. All computer equipment must be disposed according to EPA regulations. For equipment located in faculty/staff offices, the department chair must be informed of the intended disposal of E-waste. Service requests from individuals for equipment disposals require that we first identify the location of the equipment, record the serial numbers, and then e-mail this information to Property Manager Victor Delgado at firstname.lastname@example.org. His office is located in Shuster Hall, Rm. 076. His contact number is 718-960-8305.
- Authorization to acess office spaces. Technology staff must receive authorization to enter office spaces in order to perform services. Authorization could be granted by the departmental secretary, the chair, the faculty member requesting service or other individuals designated, in writing, to grant authority by the department. Work orders must bear the signature of the person authorizing access to the office space.
- Equipment removal by technology staff for repair. No equipment will be removed from any office for repair prior to sending written notification to the user either by e-mail, interoffice mail, or by leaving written notice in the user’s office, explaining why such equipment was removed. If the user is unavailable to receive such notice, notification will be forwarded to the respective chairperson.
- Service requests. All computer service requests must be submitted in writing prior to the start of a job. Phone service requests must be documented and details pertaining to description of the problem, the requestor, and location of the service must be submitted. Customers are encouraged to utilize the Track-It System via the following link: http://help.lehman.edu/TrackItWeb/Account/LogIn?ReturnUrl=%2fTrackitweb
Service calls should be scheduled with the cooperation of the sender whenever possible.
The College also provides other software, some of which have recurring licenses including SPSS. If you wish to inquire about our available software products, contact your Technology Coordinator or John Dono at x8338 or e-mail at email@example.com.
- Creation of user accounts and notifications of passwords. User account information for faculty, such as usernames and passwords, should be sent to the departmental chair, carbon copying the departmental secretary, for distribution to faculty.
- User account privileged. Faculty and staff will be granted computer user account privilege consistent with their work-related responsibilities. Normally, all user accounts will be created with limited user access. This means users will not be able to install software onto their computers or perform other tasks granted to users with administrative access. Deviation from this standard may be granted if users provide acceptable rationales why they need administrative access in order to perform their job. In those cases, users are responsible for ensuring no unlicensed software is installed on their computers. In the event that users violate their administrative privileges, their actions will be reported to the Dean and appropriate actions will be taken to resolve such violation or removal of administrative privilege may occur. Individuals requesting administrative access will be required to sign such form confirming he/she has fully accepted the responsibilities of such computer rights and absolving Lehman College from liability caused by illegal actions on the part of the user.
- Technology related questions. Faculty, staff, and students are welcome to phone or visit our offices if they have technology related inquiries. If necessary, we will set up an appointment for more in-depth consultation services.
- Request to purchase equipment. Requests to purchase equipment or software for the division should be sent to Sonia Rai. Other purchases of office supplies, such as toner, are the responsibility of the individual departments.
- Following up on jobs (for technology staff only). This pertains to those jobs that are designated as “waiting on someone else.” Jobs regarding purchase orders, installations that are waiting for other parties should be followed up in a reasonably timely manner. Document all such follow–ups in chronological order in your daily journal.
- Communication mediums. E-mails should be responded via e-mails.
- Private information. Users are required to take all necessary precautions to safeguard theirs and other private information. These precautions include, but are not limited to, using strong passwords, safeguarding the access to passwords and being conscientious about not allowing others to view unprotected screen information. More in-depth information about computer security can be found at http://help.lehman.edu/TrackItWeb/Account/LogIn?ReturnUrl=%2fTrackitweb
- Equipment deemed lost or stolen by department. If computer equipment cannot be located nor traced to a user off campus, the department must inform the Technology Coordinator and call Public Safety to inform the office of the event. Each department is responsible for maintaining information about borrowing/return of smart classroom designated laptops and respective VGA cables.
- Telephones, Copy Machines, Faxes, and Multi-Function Printers. Copy machine repairs are done by Minolta. Fax machines are not repaired by Technology Services personnel. For malfunctioning fax machines, check if there is a valid warranty. If this exists, contact the designated company for service. For telephone-related services, contact Junior Abad. Technology Services staff will assist with the printer component only of a MFP.
- Off-Campus Forms for Portable Equipment. Faculty members who are authorized to remove Lehman College portable tech equipment MUST complete an OFF CAMPUS FORM. This form requires the signature of your Head of Department. These forms are obtained from your Technology Coordinator or Information Technology Services prior to your receipt of a new laptop/iPad. Other technology-related equipment purchased with your start up funds, requires a memo to Public Safety prior to removal from campus storage.
- Ownership of startup funded equipment. All computers, printers, scanners, and other technical equipment purchased with Faculty Start-Up Funds remains the property of Lehman College. Upon separation from the College, these items must be returned. If you have questions, contact our Property Manager, Victor Delgado at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: These policies are subject to revision and modification. In the event a change or additional policy is added, then such information will be sent via e-mail to each department Chair who is responsible for sharing such information to his/her department.
Last modified: Sep 14, 2015