Faculty: Terry M. Towery
- Photography and digital media
- Physical computing and experimental imaging
Publications and Exhibits:
- Towery, T. (2009). Art Fair! Michael Mazzeo Gallery
- Exploring color photography by Robert Hirsch Publisher: McGraw-Hill 3 edition ISBN: 0697292304
- Photographic Possibilities: The Expressive Use of Ideas, Materials and Processes, Second Edition Focal Press; ISBN: 0240803620
Photographer and artist Terry Towery (AKA Timothy Eugene O’Tower) has been exhibiting since 1985. His work is in the permanent collection of The Victoria and Albert Museum, The Harn Museum, and MOMA as well as dozens of private collections. He has exhibited internationally in over 100 solo and group exhibitions.
Exhibitions include Making it Up: Photographic Fictions at The Victoria and Albert museum, The Recently Uncovered Photographs of Timothy Eugene O’Tower, Old Media New Visions at the Delaware Center for ContemporaryArt with Adam Fuss and Sally Mann.
His work has appeared in numerous publications including: Jill Enfield’s Guide to Photographic Alternative Processes: Popular Historical and Contemporary Techniques, P magazine and Exploring Color Photography: From the Darkroom to the Digital Studio by Robert Hirsch.
He is currently an Associate Professor of Art at Lehman College CUNY. Professor Towery received his MFA from the University of Florida and his baccalaureate degree from Florida State University.
Last modified: Apr 3, 2014